According to a recent Census Bureau Report, “Nearly 40 percent of people age 65 and older had at least one disability, according to a U.S. Census Bureau report that covered the period 2008 to 2012. Of those 15.7 million people, two-thirds of them say they had difficulty in walking or climbing.
Difficulty with independent living, such as visiting a doctor’s office or shopping, was the second-most cited disability, followed by serious difficulty in hearing, cognitive difficulty, difficulty bathing or dressing, and serious difficulty seeing.”
We thought a great compliment to this article would be to educate you on some products for this large population of people with mobility issues. In addition, you can read some reviews from people who own the products to get an idea of their opinions.
- U Step 2 Walker – The company’s website says, ” We created the U-Step 2 to increase your independence. The secret is in our patented U-shaped base. Its ultra-stable foundation braces you in every direction. It is not like pushing a typical walker. Instead, the U-Step 2 surrounds you and moves with you. You will feel as stable as you would feel holding onto another person’s arm.
- Go Go Scooter by Pride Mobility – “The Go-Go Elite Traveller® offers unbeatable ease of transport, tight space maneuverability, and gives you the versatility to change its color, and your style, in a snap with interchangeable shroud panels. The Go-Go Elite Traveller’s compact size allows it to negotiate narrow hallways and tight spaces while also providing stable outdoor performance.”
- Suitcase Ramp by EZ Access – “The Suitcase Singlefold AS Ramp – this portable single-fold ramp is one of our most user-friendly portable Suitcase ramps. After taking out two hinge pins, users are able to easily separate the portable single-fold ramp into two lightweight sections with ergonomic handles.”
- Bruno Residential Vehicle Platform Lift – “Sometimes called a porch lift, Bruno’s rugged and reliable wheelchair lift is a residential lift that provides efficient access to a raised deck, porch, or even floor to floor access inside your home. Designed and built by Bruno’s master artisans, a Vertical Platform Lift offers safe, dependable service that reflects the unit’s simplicity of design and operation.”
Mobility Vehicle Products
- VMI Northstar E Wheelchair Van - “VMI’s Northstar E is the industry’s first manual side-entry, in-floor ramp conversion for the Dodge Grand Caravan. Designed with the caregiver in mind, this new VMI product is available for purchase from more than 265 VMI dealers worldwide.”
- Toyota Auto Access Seat – “The Toyota Sienna is now available with the industry first factory installed power rotating lift-up Auto Access Seat. Toyota is the only automobile manufacturer to offer this passenger-friendly mobility model, built in the United States at our Indiana manufacturing plant. The seat rotates ninety degrees then extends from the vehicle and lowers to a convenient transfer height, making for easy entry and exit.”
These are just six options and possibilities to help older American’s with their mobility issues. On Crytico.com, we have thousands of products to view and inquire about as well as read reviews from your peers. If you do not see a product you want or need, let us know at email@example.com.